Special enough for company, this dish suggested by field editor Cathee Bethel of Lebanon, Oregon has the inspiring taste of spring. "The light, creamy orange sauce makes asparagus a treat for the whole family," she says.
Recommended: 5 Do-able, Delicious Menus for Mother's Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Orange slices and additional orange peel, optional
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, peel and cayenne. Drain asparagus; top with orange sauce. Garnish with orange slices and peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Orange Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p16
Reviews forAsparagus with Orange Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2008
"Quite tasty, I used fat free mayo and vanilla yogurt."