- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, marmalade, ginger, vinegar and orange zest until blended. Spoon over asparagus.
1 each: 223 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.