Asparagus with Orange Butter
A simple orange butter is all that's needed to enhance the natural great taste of asparagus. For a pretty presentation when entertaining, group several spears and tie with orange peel strips.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter mixture, then add asparagus and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
3/4 cup: 96 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 19, 2011
Was quick and easy, but believe it uses a little to much butter. Think about half the butter is fine.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC