Asparagus with Orange Butter
A simple orange butter is all that's needed to enhance the natural great taste of asparagus. For a pretty presentation when entertaining, group several spears and tie with orange peel strips.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter mixture, then add asparagus and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 96 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus with Orange Butter in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.