A simple orange butter is all that's needed to enhance the natural great taste of asparagus. For a pretty presentation when entertaining, group several spears and tie with orange peel strips.
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter mixture, then add asparagus and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Orange Butter in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p5
Reviews forAsparagus with Orange Butter
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review