Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle; pat dry. Thread several spears onto two parallel metal or soaked wooden skewers. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
- For vinaigrette, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Remove asparagus from skewers; drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 46 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2017
Did not care for at all.Neither did family sauce was not something i would make again.
Mar 15, 2015
Amazing recipe! I loved the flavour and how quick and easy it was to make.
Mar 23, 2012
Great recipe. I liked the pineapple and mustard flavor (I also use it on chicken now).