“This is a great side dish to serve at a bridge luncheon with a chicken dish or salad,” writes Jo Durlam of Ames, Iowa. “It gives some color to the dish and it is very tasty.”
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Vegetable Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle; pat dry. Thread several spears onto two parallel metal or soaked wooden skewers. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
- For vinaigrette, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Remove asparagus from skewers; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p46
Reviews forAsparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2017
"Did not care for at all.Neither did family sauce was not something i would make again."
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2012 Edited Apr. 13, 2017
"Great recipe. I liked the pineapple and mustard flavor (I also use it on chicken now)."