- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through. Serve over asparagus. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus with Mustard Sauce
"The mustard sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the asparagus here. We loved it!!"
"This recipe will be a fav at our house!! Just got done making it and waiting on the rice for my beef tip and gravy dish to finish and my kids are wanting samples and more. Mom we don't want to wait for supper. My kids are 12, 9, 4 and 20 months. Even the baby LOVES it. For anyone making a recipe pls follow directions and measurements. Use measuring cups and spoons. You will be surprised how it can affect a recipe if you don't. This recipe is divine."
"My family loves asparagus, and this is one of our very favorite ways to prepare it."
"I loved the asparagus fresh out of the oven without the sauce. We didn't care for the mustard sauce. It wasn't a pleasant flavor. I would not make again!"
"If you are a fan of mustard this is a "must" a make!"