VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended; refrigerate until serving.
- In a Dutch oven, bring 12 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Serve with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Basil Pesto Sauce in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014