VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cooked fresh asparagus spears
- In a small bowl, combine butter, dill and lemon juice; mix until well blended. Form into a log. (If necessary, refrigerate until mixture is firm enough to shape easily.) Wrap log in plastic wrap; freeze until firm. When ready to serve, slice butter 1/4 in. thick and top hot asparagus. Yield: Recipe will season about 4 pounds of asparagus.
Originally published as Asparagus with Dill Butter in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p69