My favorite recipes are those that are special enough for company, yet easy to make. My second favorite recipes are those that are healthy, yet taste great. This tender asparagus dish fits both categories! —Coleen McCrea Katz, Havertown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Easy Weeknight Dinners for Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, basil, dill, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Cook and stir over low heat just until heated through. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Creamy Garlic Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p152