- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add the parsley, vinegar and dill.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sour cream. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Top with cream sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus with Cream Sauce
"I liked this a lot, however as others have noted the sauce is strong tasting and heavy. I served a small amount of the sauce on the side of the asparagus rather than poured over the top like in the picture. A little really goes a long way with this in my opinion."
"Nope, this sauce did not fare well with asparagus. It did not taste good at all."
"it tasted really tangy and for me, that doesnt go well with asparagus.."