Asparagus with Citrus Dressing
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Light Olive Oil
- 2 hard-cooked egg yolks, chopped, optional
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus and 1 teaspoon salt; boil, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus and pat dry. Transfer to a serving plate.
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, pepper, oil and remaining salt; shake well. Pour desired amount of dressing over asparagus. Sprinkle with egg yolks if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Originally published as Asparagus with Citrus Dressing in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009