VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Light Olive Oil
- 2 hard-cooked egg yolks, chopped, optional
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus and 1 teaspoon salt; boil, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus and pat dry. Transfer to a serving plate.
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, pepper, oil and remaining salt; shake well. Pour desired amount of dressing over asparagus. Sprinkle with egg yolks if desired. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Citrus Dressing in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p46