- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients. Add the radishes, green pepper, relish, parsley and chives.
- In a large skillet, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer asparagus to a glass dish; pour dressing over top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus; arrange over lettuce. Garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Vinaigrette
"I'm always proud to serve this gorgeous salad. And it tastes as good as it looks. This recipe was the breakthrough to get my husband to try asparagus. His response was, "Hey, this is not bad!" He's gone on to eat asparagus in other ways, too."