Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 veal cutlets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Place asparagus and water in an 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Flatten veal to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil. Add veal; brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the pan drippings, saute mushrooms until tender; spoon over veal. Top each with four asparagus spears and a slice of prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear.
1 each: 492 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 1106mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.Originally published as Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005Read Next
Dec 20, 2009
I have made this recipe twice and love it, including hubby. Easy to prepare.
Reviews for Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu
More from Taste of Home