Asparagus-Turkey Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the turkey, asparagus and mushrooms. Cook until heated through. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 555 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 935mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2013
Was a nice change of pace but definitely not a go-to recipe. Like to make a recipe the first time as the recipe states but did change a few things. Omitted additional salt as bouillon & Parmesan have plenty. Since the pasta only cooks 3 minutes decided to add the asparagus after it came to a boil. Was concerned that it would not cook in the sauce which turned out perfect for our taste. Did add 1/4 cup extra milk as the sauce really thickened after adding the cheeses. Says it yields 2 servings but we have enough leftover for one.