My husband and I enjoy spending time in the kitchen and trying new recipes. It's fun to create new dishes...especially when they're as successful as this one.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed and drained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread rice in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover with asparagus. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and place over asparagus. Add mushrooms, onions and red pepper to skillet; saute until tender. Spoon over chicken. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoning blend; spread over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 496 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Supreme in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.