- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread with mustard; sprinkle with onion. Place asparagus spears down the center of chicken; fold over and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Keep warm.
- For sauce, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Gradually whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, water and salt. Microwave, uncovered, at 30% power for 30 seconds or until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened, stirring once. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
"This was really good served with the Parmesan Orzo from the same issue. I bought the thin sliced cutlets, so there were 4 of them in a 9x13 inch Pyrex dish. I microwaved them for about 12 minutes just to be sure, and they turned out very moist and cooked through."