Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread with mustard; sprinkle with onion. Place asparagus spears down the center of chicken; fold over and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place seam side down in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Keep warm.
- For sauce, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Gradually whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, water and salt. Microwave, uncovered, at 30% power for 30 seconds or until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened, stirring once. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds. Discard toothpicks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 495 calories, 39g fat (17g saturated fat), 321mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Jul 2, 2017
This was really good served with the Parmesan Orzo from the same issue. I bought the thin sliced cutlets, so there were 4 of them in a 9x13 inch Pyrex dish. I microwaved them for about 12 minutes just to be sure, and they turned out very moist and cooked through.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.