From Medford Lakes, New Jersey, Elissa Armbruster writes, "This simple salad's one of the best I've tasted - and it's so pretty, too! A friend served it at a baby shower...all of us were raving over it and asking for the recipe."
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion, salt if desired, paprika and
- Worcestershire sauce; shake until sugar is dissolved. Add the oil; shake well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a skillet, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Arrange the asparagus and strawberries on a serving plate; sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Pour the dressing over all. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Strawberry Salad in Country Woman March/April 1998, p40
Reviews forAsparagus Strawberry Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
"I had my doubts, but this turned out to be a favorite of ours and our company, I add a dash of baslamic vinegar"
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"Beautiful and Deee-licous"