Asparagus Strawberry Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion, salt if desired, paprika and
- Worcestershire sauce; shake until sugar is dissolved. Add the oil; shake well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a skillet, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Arrange the asparagus and strawberries on a serving plate; sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Pour the dressing over all. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 25, 2015
This salad is wonderful! We're not fans of blue cheese, so I substituted shredded provolone, which we really enjoyed. The salad was easy to make and a bit out of the ordinary...I'll definitely make it again!
Mar 17, 2012
I had my doubts, but this turned out to be a favorite of ours and our company, I add a dash of baslamic vinegar
Apr 23, 2011
Beautiful and Deee-licous
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.