Asparagus Steak Oscar
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute crab in butter for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Top with crab mixture, asparagus and bearnaise sauce. Sprinkle with paprika.
Feb 21, 2018
This is easy and fabulous! My picky hubby loved it, too. Used K.C. strips, otherwise, followed recipe. Definitely will make again.
Jul 17, 2013
This is an excellent recipe. It has become one of my favorites and the flavors are amazing. Instead of boiling my asparagus, however, I spread them out on a foil lined baking sheet, season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, and you will have the most perfectly cooked asparagus ever.
Nov 8, 2011
Very simple and tasty.
May 12, 2011
My son made this for me and and his wife for Mothers Day. It was fabulous! A very delicious gift.
Feb 15, 2011
easy recipe to prepare and my husband loved it
Apr 9, 2010
I wrapped the tenderloins in bacon and before grilling and used Hollandaise instead of bernaise.This was definitely a great combination! Keeper recipe.
Apr 8, 2010
Awsome recipe........ The only change I made was to grill the asparagus. Way to easy to taste this good.
Oct 27, 2009
This dish was delicious, simple, and quick to make. It only took about 20 minutes. I couldn't grill the steak (because it was raining) so I fried it and put Smokehouse Pepper on it (which you can buy in your spice aisle) and it was wonderful. I used lump crab meat in the pouch. (found cold in your grocers seafood section) If you buy the crab meat this way, be sure to check for shell pieces.Hubby loves it too. I would definitely make this recipe again!!!