We love all the fresh fruits and vegetables that are available in the summer. This salad is one of our favorite because it packs in so much great produce, plus it's quick and easy on a warm summer day. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup prepared poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries or fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine asparagus and water. Microwave, covered, on high until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes; drain. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing, orange juice, honey, orange zest and mustard until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, chicken, strawberries, almonds, sesame seeds and asparagus. Add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Spinach Salad with Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018