VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; add the spaghetti, Parmesan cheese and butter; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate.
- Combine ham, asparagus and mushrooms; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Beat eggs, sour cream, dill and chives; pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is set and center is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Spaghetti Pie in Country April/May 1997, p51