- 1 cup chopped Vidalia or sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces; set the tips aside. Add remaining asparagus to skillet; saute until crisp-tender, about 4-6 minutes. Add asparagus tips and pepper; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender. Press dough into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with asparagus mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forAsparagus Snack Squares
"This was such a hit with my husband who is very honest whenever I make a new recipe. One of his first comments was "You can definitely make this again!" It is also very good as a side dish with almost any type of entree."
"very good as is"
"Even the men liked this one. It was very good. Just a nice and different snack. And not too rich, just right. Will make this again during the summer with fresh asparagus."
"Was the spread you used one from the store or one you made yourself? If from the store, could you give the brand name. If you made it yourself, would you share the recipe?"
"I put a garlic & herb spread on the crust before adding the asparagus mixture. Delicious!"