Asparagus Sesame Rolls
These attractive appetizers from Donna Folk of Berwick, Pennsylvania are easy to prepare but look like you fussed. A creamy filling and crunchy sesame seeds complement the fresh flavor of the asparagus.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 fresh asparagus spears
- 6 bread slices, crusts removed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until combined. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Sesame Rolls in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.