Asparagus Sesame Rolls
These attractive appetizers from Donna Folk of Berwick, Pennsylvania are easy to prepare but look like you fussed. A creamy filling and crunchy sesame seeds complement the fresh flavor of the asparagus.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 fresh asparagus spears
- 6 bread slices, crusts removed
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Trim asparagus spears to 6 in. Flatten bread with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until combined. Spread over bread; top with an asparagus spear and roll up tightly.
- Roll in butter; place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.