Asparagus Scallop Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- If scallops are large, cut in half and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, chicken broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and celery in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry scallops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir chicken broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 294 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2019
This is my go to stir fry. You can substitute chicken or shrimp for the scallops and it's great.
Apr 4, 2015
I don't like scallops but my family said it was a keeper! Very easy to make.
Sep 22, 2010
This recipe was great! iadded red pepper flakes to the sauce and a little lemon juice on the cooked vegetables. I can not wait to make it again!
Feb 21, 2010
Very good! I added red pepper flakes along w/ the almonds for an extra kick.
Feb 28, 2009
I loved this recipe. I left out the almonds and added carrots, and it was wonderful.
Feb 23, 2009
OMG, this was awesome. It was easy to make and was absolutely fantastic. I made it exactly as the recipe called for. According to my boyfriend this recipe is definately a keeper.