Asparagus Scallop Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- If scallops are large, cut in half and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, chicken broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and celery in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry scallops in remaining oil for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque. Stir chicken broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 294 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 4, 2015
I don't like scallops but my family said it was a keeper! Very easy to make.
Sep 22, 2010
This recipe was great! iadded red pepper flakes to the sauce and a little lemon juice on the cooked vegetables. I can not wait to make it again!
Feb 21, 2010
Very good! I added red pepper flakes along w/ the almonds for an extra kick.
Feb 28, 2009
I loved this recipe. I left out the almonds and added carrots, and it was wonderful.
Feb 23, 2009
OMG, this was awesome. It was easy to make and was absolutely fantastic. I made it exactly as the recipe called for. According to my boyfriend this recipe is definately a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.