- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, vinegar and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hour, stirring several times. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forAsparagus Salsa
"I love this recipe, I took it to work with and everyone wanted the recipe and am making it again this weekend. It doesn't taste to asparagusy but i did have to put in 2 jalapeno for a little extra heat, definitelya must keep"