Asparagus Salad with Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, cut into eight wedges
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup, mustard, oil and dill; set aside.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle asparagus with 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat. Arrange asparagus on a grilling grid; place on the grill rack with salmon. Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over salmon.
- Grill salmon and asparagus, covered, for 4-6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender, turning asparagus once.
- Divide salad greens among four plates and sprinkle with carrots. Remove skin from salmon. Arrange the egg wedges, asparagus and salmon over salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 336 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 10, 2018
Lovely presentation with pink and various shades of green, plus it looked like a restaurant meal! So quick to throw together after a day's work too! Husband wants me to keep this recipe and repeat it. I used a different dressing on the salad since I didn't quite have enough of the maple syrup-Dijon mixture--but that's ok. Also, I didn't have time to grill, so I put both the fish and the asparagus on a griddle cooked with an olive oil-butter mixture and the carmelization process made it all gorgeous!
Jul 4, 2013
Our new favorite summer fish dish! We used Tuna steak very, very good! Next time I would double the dressing ingredients.