Asparagus Salad with Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, cut into eight wedges
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup, mustard, oil and dill; set aside.
- Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, drizzle asparagus with 1 tablespoon dressing; toss to coat. Arrange asparagus on a grilling grid; place on the grill rack with salmon. Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing over salmon.
- Grill salmon and asparagus, covered, for 4-6 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is crisp-tender, turning asparagus once.
- Divide salad greens among four plates and sprinkle with carrots. Remove skin from salmon. Arrange the egg wedges, asparagus and salmon over salads. Drizzle with remaining dressing; sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 336 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 10, 2018
Lovely presentation with pink and various shades of green, plus it looked like a restaurant meal! So quick to throw together after a day's work too! Husband wants me to keep this recipe and repeat it. I used a different dressing on the salad since I didn't quite have enough of the maple syrup-Dijon mixture--but that's ok. Also, I didn't have time to grill, so I put both the fish and the asparagus on a griddle cooked with an olive oil-butter mixture and the carmelization process made it all gorgeous!
Jul 4, 2013
Our new favorite summer fish dish! We used Tuna steak very, very good! Next time I would double the dressing ingredients.