- 16 fresh asparagus spears
- 16 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or dried chives
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a skillet with a small amount of water; cook until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cut roll-ups in half. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Reviews forAsparagus Roll-Ups
"This is one of my favorite fingerfood appetizers to bring to a party. They always go quickly. When I make extra batches at home, I find I enjoy them just as much when cold from the fridge as when fresh out of the oven. Love them! It's also a great recipe that kids can easily help with."
"This is a really nice go-to appetizer or brunch recipe for Easter. I make them every year. Wonderful!"
"Wonderful! I did substitute 'chive and onion' cream cheese for the regular cream cheese. Again, wonderful."