Asparagus Puff Pizza Recipe
You can prepare this homemade pizza in less time than it takes to bake a frozen one. "It relies on a prebaked crust, so it's ready in a jiffy," notes Norma Shouse of Zephyrhills, Florida. For extra flavor, season the asparagus with garlic salt, basil and thyme before arranging in a pretty sunburst pattern.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 egg whites
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan; cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; arrange asparagus on top. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese and mustard; mix well. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into mayonnaise mixture; spread over asparagus.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 276 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Puff Pizza
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2014 Edited Apr. 28, 2016
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2014 Edited Feb. 5, 2014
"This is great...!!"
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2013
"We loved it!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC