- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 slices white or whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a skillet, melt butter and saute crumbs until golden. Stir in egg, parsley and salt. Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain and transfer to a platter. Spoon topping over asparagus. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Polonaise
"After reading another reviewer's question, I should add we use three slices of fresh bread, usually Nature's own white wheat."
"This is our favorite asparagus recipe - even asparagus haters enjoy it! Perfect for special occasions and company worthy. Great recipe."
"I use 3 slices of whole wheat bread, coarsely crumbled. This works very well for me, so I suspect it was the original intended amount in the recipe. I think this is an elegant presentation for asparagus and a nice complement to the taste as well."