I look forward to making this dish each spring with fresh asparagus. It makes for a pretty presentation on a brunch buffet.—Deneen St. Amour, Hammonton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, asparagus and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.