I look forward to making this dish each spring with fresh asparagus. It makes for a pretty presentation on a brunch buffet.—Deneen St. Amour, Hammonton, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, asparagus and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and asparagus is tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and biscuit mix until smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 173 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.