Asparagus Pepper Salad
I made up this recipe when I needed a last-minute potluck dish and I had a lot of asparagus on hand. This salad went over so well that I serve it again and again. No one seems to get tired of it. —Beverly Scalise of Bend, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 2 green onions (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat raspberry salad dressing
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine the peppers, onions and asparagus. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 73 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Asparagus Pepper Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.