Asparagus Pastry Puffs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, bring 1-1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 1-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper until blended. Unfold puff pastry sheets; cut each sheet in half to make a total of four rectangles. Spread each rectangle with a fourth of the cream cheese mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Arrange asparagus over top, allowing tips to show at each end; roll up jelly-roll style. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll crosswise into four sections.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, seam side down. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water until blended; brush lightly over tops.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 188 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 27, 2017
This was very yummy! The cream cheese mixture wasn't overpowering, it was subtle. This would be great as an appetizer to a party. We actually made this as a main dish for a meatless Monday meal. I paired it with butter herbed noodles. I only did half the recipe for my husband and I for dinner. I also used spicy brown mustard instead of stone ground because I didn't want to buy a whole thing of stone ground for just 1 recipe. Seemed to work out just fine. If you're a fan of asparagus, definitely give this a try!