Asparagus Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh basil, oregano and rosemary
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in the asparagus. Cover and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, ham, basil, oregano and rosemary. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add asparagus mixture and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 334 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta Primavera
"This recipe has way too much garlic. It overwelmed all the other flavors"