Asparagus Pasta 'n' Salmon Recipe
Asparagus and a light lemon dressing make this pasta salad perfect for spring dinners. Grilling the salmon gives it great flavor.
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and leeks in oil with until asparagus is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, broth, dill and lemon juice until smooth; stir into asparagus mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Serve with salmon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Pasta 'n' Salmon
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2011
"Superb! Even my kids loved it. I will definitely make it again. I cooked 1.75 pounds of salmon for 5 people and it wasn't quite enough. The pasta dish was plentiful with 1 pound of bows."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC