Since whole grains, veggies and protein are included in this omelet, all I have to do is add a side of fresh fruit for a healthy breakfast before work. Instead of asparagus, sometimes I make this omelet with fresh spinach. —Bonita Suter, Lawrence, Michigan
Featured In: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. Place a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add asparagus. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, spoon green onion and asparagus on one side. Fold omelet in half; serve in tortilla. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Asparagus Omelet Tortilla Wrap in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p69