Asparagus Nut Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in oil until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry red pepper, walnuts, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes for 2 minutes or until red pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, sugar and salt; heat through. Add asparagus; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 92 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Nut Stir-Fry
"Excellent asparagus, lots of flavor."
"My family loves this! They won't let me fiz asparagus any other way!"