Asparagus, Mushrooms and Peas
Crisp-tender vegetables are tossed in a tangy dressing that has just a hint of sweetness from maple syrup. The fresh, spring medley compliments any meat entree.—Kristy Williams, Wembley, Alberta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms and peas in oil until tender. Add the vinegar, syrup and dill; heat through. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 95 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Asparagus, Mushrooms and Peas in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010