- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus, onion, red pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion and pepper are tender.
- Remove from heat; remove asparagus from skillet. Reserve eight spears; cut remaining asparagus into 2-in. pieces. Return cut asparagus to skillet; stir in egg mixture. Arrange reserved asparagus spears over eggs to resemble spokes of a wheel.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus-Mushroom Frittata
"Frittata is my new favorite egg dish - it cooks without needing constant attention!We used a little less onion and a little more mushroom (creminis) as a matter of personal taste and added a little garlic."
"Lovely frittata! I used button mushrooms instead of portobello but it's a beautiful dish! Thank you for your recipe!"