- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the asparagus, water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger until blended; pour over vegetables. Return beef to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the tomato. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Mushroom Beef Stir-Fry
"Very tasty, I added bell pepper too. We had no leftovers and I REALLY wanted some more. This will definitely make it to our table regularly."
"I added 1/3 cup of water and 1/2 tsp more of cornstarch to tone down the saltiness and it turned out good."
"I just made this yesterday and we found it delicious, will definately make it again. We love chinese food and any stir fry that we have tried. This one however rates as wonderful."
"what is hoisin sauce,and how to prerare it ?"