Asparagus Lemon Pasta
“This is a wonderful side dish alongside grilled meats,” shares Donna Lascher of Sun Lakes, Arizona. Summery asparagus and citrus star in the refreshing accompaniment that's ready to serve in no time flat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Beau Monde seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 6 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Serve or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 164 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.