- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- In a large saucepan, saute the asparagus, mushrooms and leeks in butter for 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in corn and pimientos; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Leek Chowder
"i had gotten this recipe about 4 years ago and my children had loved it. it nice to surve at dinner partys also."
"DEFINATELY WOULD MAKE AGAIN.. I USED BABY BELLA MUSHROOMS AND FROZEN CORN.. AND PROB. 1.5 CUPS OF HALF N HALF...BUT IT WAS easy AND VG.."
"What a way to welcome spring. I shared it with my neighbor and we both agree that it is absolutely delicious!!"
"Excellent. My whole familiy loved it. To cut down on calories, I did make it with 2 % milk and it was fine."
"Love It! This is quite hearty and very tasty. My whole family loves it. Serve it with some cheesy texas toast."