We have our own asparagus patch, and each spring I look forward to making treats like these tartlets. I enjoy them as a mini meal or as appetizers. They freeze well and are very popular at parties. -Elaine Anderson Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 45 Recipes for Mushroom Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 18 fresh asparagus tips (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in 3/4 cup flour and cornmeal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 18 balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg and cream. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Add cheese and ham.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each cup. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Top each tart with an asparagus tip. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 17-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Tartlets in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p40
Reviews forAsparagus Ham Tartlets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2012
"I did not even serve these, they were so dry, I just tossed them out.."
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2008
"can these be done in advance"