- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 16 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 16 slices process Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cooking oil
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain well. Spread about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each ham slice. Top with one slice of cheese. Place an asparagus spear at one end (trim to fit if needed). Roll up each ham slice tightly; secure with three toothpicks. Dip ham rolls in egg, then roll in bread crumbs. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 350°. Fry rolls, a few at a time, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels; keep warm. Cut each roll between the toothpicks into three pieces. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forAsparagus Ham Swirls
"Hubby and I had this for one of our movie nights. Very yummy, no downside, except some did not hold together as well. That might have been my fault though."
"Made this for a dove supper my husband and his friends were throwing. I found out at the last minute that we needed an appetizer and I threw this together with what I already had and the Yummly app made it easy to find this recipe based on what I had in the fridge. Was a big hit!!!"
"Rather than cutting these into thirds, I leave them whole for a nice lunch entrée."