Asparagus Ham Spirals
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 4 thin rectangular slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place asparagus in a skillet; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Top each with ham, leaving 1/4 in. uncovered on one long side. Place two asparagus spears along the long side with the ham; roll up and press seam to seal.
- Cut each roll into seven pieces. Place cut side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over spirals. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 171 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 6, 2014
Although these are supposed to be an appetizer, I served them for our breakfast this morning, along with eggs and fruit. They're absolutely delicious! Since it's just the two of us, I'm going to put a few of them in the freezer so my husband and I can enjoy them at a later date. I will definitely make these again!
Nov 7, 2012
If freezing, do you cook first?
Jan 22, 2012
Fun to make. More bready than I thought they'd be but the flavor was really nice. Husband loved.
Jul 17, 2011
Followed recipe to a t, big hit! I did add Swiss cheese on top to some and those seemed to go faster!
Jan 2, 2011
Big hit, easy to make, followed recipe exactly, except forgot to add the butter/garlic wash. Delicious anyway
Dec 29, 2010
I make this all the time and always get asked for the recipe. If I don't have asparagus, I use bacon. I like to keep some on hand in freezer for last minute entertaining. I freeze them in the big rolls before cutting up in small pieces!