Asparagus Ham Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mushrooms, onion and sesame seeds. Add asparagus. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon onto lettuce-lined serving plates; top with tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 319 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1213mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 9, 2017
This is really delicious! I wasn’t expecting too much from this salad but I was pleasantly surprised. I made a few minor changes and left out the mushrooms, used grape tomatoes instead of tomato wedges and used red onion instead of yellow. I used Newman’s Own Family Recipe Italian which is one of my favorites. Don’t skip the simple step of toasting the sesame seeds because it adds lots of flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.