Asparagus Ham Salad
I received this recipe from a home economics teacher and now I serve it every spring time when the asparagus is fresh. I love it for lunch.—Jean Graf-Joyce, Albany, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mushrooms, onion and sesame seeds. Add asparagus. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon onto lettuce-lined serving plates; top with tomato wedges.