Asparagus Ham Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 large lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mushrooms, onion and sesame seeds. Add asparagus. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Spoon onto lettuce-lined serving plates; top with tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 319 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1213mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 9, 2017
This is really delicious! I wasn’t expecting too much from this salad but I was pleasantly surprised. I made a few minor changes and left out the mushrooms, used grape tomatoes instead of tomato wedges and used red onion instead of yellow. I used Newman’s Own Family Recipe Italian which is one of my favorites. Don’t skip the simple step of toasting the sesame seeds because it adds lots of flavor.