- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 ounces Havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 whole chives
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each slice of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Ham Roll-Ups
"Super simple and tasty! They disappear quick"
"quick, attractive, and tasty!"
"This recipe has been "borrowed" by Sam's Club®. Look here http://www3.samsclub.com/meals/recipes/asparagus-ham-roll-ups-recipe?pid=EMC_20130306_5&rid=1100746608&cid=promoemail."
"Absolutely delish! I blanched all the vegs (even the chives) before assembling. I froze them individually on a cookie sheet. To serve, I thawed, and heated 10 mins at 350 or til warm (cold didn't appeal to me). Received huge raves from my company."
"It was a hit at Thanksgiving! I had to use Havarti Dill cheese as that's all they had and I used Prosciutto. I left the spear fairly long and wrapped the meat around and around. The tie wtih the chives was perfect. Lots of compliments."
"Delicious! We just made them for my Mom's housewarming party. We used Pickled Asparagus instead of cooked, & it was a hit! :)"
"Cute and easy! Delicious! Rave reviews!"
"Without blanching the green onions to tie these up broke. With that extra step, it worked. Everyone raved and are still asking me for the recipe."